Still think 3D Printing is all hype? Tell that to M3D who has raised a whopping $1.89 Million dollars of their $50,000 goal on Kickstarter.com this week. With still 28 days to go, this 3D Printer company certainly has everyone's attention with their "First Truly Consumer 3D Printer" called the Micro.
Promising the features below, M3D's goal is to make 3D printing available to everyday consumers.
1. Most space-efficient 3D printer ever made.
2. Light-weight, portable design fits nicely on your desk.
3. Micro motion chip provides completely automatic leveling and calibration.
4. Most quiet 3D printer ever made.
5. Lowest power consumption 3D printer ever made.
6. Carbon fiber rods: light, sturdy, self-lubricating and long-lasting
7. Ceramic heater for rapid heat-up, power efficiency, reliability and safety.
8. Bold colors. Choose from Silver, Black, Blue, Red, Orange, and Green.
9. New filament materials like Chameleon PLA.
10. Inspirational Micro filament spools.
11. Modernized touch-capable software.
12. Replaceable print beds for alternative materials.
13. Replaceable nozzles for experimenters.
14. Designed for fast assembly in the US for quality control.
15. An ABS-based print bed allows you to print larger ABS parts.
This is just the beginning folks, 3D printing is here to stay. Just think about when the first dot matrix printer was introduced, and compare it to what we have today. Now flash forward 10 years from now to the 3D Printer, what do you see?